Monday 16 December 2019

SLJ setting sail



Hi I'm Peyton,
If you didn't already know I did the summer learning journey last year and it was GREAT I definitely think you should try it.
But anyway
"I'M DOING IT AGAIN!!!"
So today I was told to list 10 foods I would bring on a trip with no fridge and freezer
and its on a boat!
8.Fruit bars
9.Cucumbers
(To feel better when you haven't had enough to drink)
10.Carrots
(For when you want something crunchy in your mouth)



1.An apple
(for a snack cause it can't get moldy fast)
2.A sandwich
(To full me up when I'm hungry)
3.cereal & milk
(For breakfast)
4.cookies
(for a snack)
5.A muffin
(To quickly stuff in your mouth when the captains not looking)
6.A bag of chips
(To eat so you don't starve) 
7.Crackers and cheese
(For a little treat)

Wow that's a lot of things comment if you would bring any of these things.
And tell me some of the things you would bring.
BYE!!!
By Peyton.K




2 comments:

  1. Hey Peyton,
    (Or should I say HI PEYTON!!!) :)

    Wow, so cool to see that you have SMASHED through so much of the SLJ week 1 and even started week 2, Super impressive. Your post is a delight to read, very conversational and welcoming. You have thought about the task and given some really good (and funny) reasons for each food item.

    It's great to see lots of healthy options and especially cucumber as a way to also stay hydrated. Your posts are super cool and unique, I love that you have your own signature style of posting and look forward to commenting on your other posts. (Eventually, I will get to them all hopefully but I'm not as fast as you.)

    BYE!!!
    I'll see you in the comments.
    Daniel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all Peyton I definitely agree with everything Daniel said. I love your style too. I really liked how you gave reasons in brackets for taking the food you decided on).
    I would definitely bring some of the things on your list - apples, crackers and cheese.
    I am thinking about my list and because there is no fridge or freezer it limits it somewhat because I love pineapples but they possibly wouldn't keep as I would need to eat it in one sitting (and that would be too much)
    1. dried mango (because I love mangoes) - something I fell in love with in Fiji
    2. a coconut (because I love the juice from a coconut and the white flesh inside)
    3. crackers and cheese
    4. apples (crunchy and slightly sour please)
    5. fresh raspberries - nothing quite like it
    6. fresh nectarines (yellow flesh are my favourite - tasty and juicy please)
    7. definitely a bottle of water
    8. salami
    9. smoked salmon
    10. potato chips (same as you)
    I wonder if the milk would keep - is it the milk like milk in schools that lasts longer than fresh milk?
    Did you think about what meat you might like to take too?

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about

SLJ day 6

  Kia ora everyone! Todays task was to explore and research about vector art and how to make it. Vector art is an animated piece of art. Whi...