Tuesday 22 January 2019

SLJ the power of ten

Hi welcome back today I'm doing SLJ this activity is called the power of ten and how this works is I need to list ten species that I would protect from becoming extinct and then for each one give a reason as to why I think it's important to save that particular animal.

1.I  chose hydrangeas because they are my favorite flowers and there very beautiful.


Image result for hydrangea


2.my next choice is red foxes because they aren't that scary and they deserve to be alive they don't deserve to be in so much trouble with all there babies.

Image result for baby foxes



3.This next one I think there's about five more left in the WORLD and this animal is a deer and the incident about the antlers.






4.The fourth one is a flamingo because even though they just stand around on one leg it still deserves to live.

Image result for flamingo



5. now this one is very funny it is a chimpanzee because they make people laugh and put smiles on faces.





6.this one is scary it is a shark because some people like sharks and they are part of nature.



Image result for sharks



7.the seventh one is antelopes because they are very talented are super cool.









8.The eighth one is a Pukeko because they are very sad because about everyday a Pukeko gets ran over and they have no where to live.





9.This one is in the north pole it is a polar bear because they are super cool and so many people try to kill them.
10.The last one is a favorite of mine it's puppies the are soooooooooo cute and so many people love them.
Thank you.
BYE!!!
By Peyton.







1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Peyton,

    Great work completing another Summer Learning Journey activity. Wow, I think this is my favourite post you've completed so far in the SLJ. I really enjoyed your response to this activity. You've picked some great animals you wish you could save from extinction. Its a good thing lots of the species on your list aren't endangered. I'm curious to know what kind of deer are on the critically endangered list? You've written there are only about 5 left in the world, what particular species of deer is that?

    I completely agree with you about the Pukeko, it saddens me to see so many of them around the highways. Only recently, while I was driving from Palmerston North to New Plymouth I saw a Pukeko lead so high into the sky to avoid our car. I think it got almost 3 metres in the air!

    You make a great point about the Polar Bears, their main cause of death is actually from starvation because of climate change. The ecosystem in the North Pole is rapidly changing and the Polar Bears are struggling to find food. What can we do to help them?

    PS. I love puppies too!
    PPS: Remember to attribute your images. Always give credit to where you source your information/images from.

    I look forward to reading more of your great blog entries. Keep up the great work.

    Thanks,

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about

SLJ day 6

  Kia ora everyone! Todays task was to explore and research about vector art and how to make it. Vector art is an animated piece of art. Whi...